Thursday, July 31, 2014

Why this blog?

Here's a newsflash.  My name is not Chris.  My last name is not Christianity.

I am an American Christian man.  I have worked as a pastor for over 20 years, picking up a bachelor degree at a Christian liberal arts university and a Master in Theology at a seminary along the way.

But I am not the person I was when I started down this path toward career Christian leadership.  Although once comfortable with the term "evangelical" to describe myself, I find myself aligning less and less with the beliefs and practices of evangelical Christianity.

I am a firm believer in Jesus Christ as the Messiah, the Son of God.  I affirm the Apostle's Creed. But I cannot accept much of what is required of "evangelical Christians" to believe and do.

My hope in writing this blog is to give me a place to safely and honestly share my theological wonderings and wanderings.  I hope it may become a place where others who are walking a similar spiritual path as myself may find encouragement and the courage to follow our convictions.

If you're reading this, welcome.  And may God's grace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments that are civil and promote a discussion of ideas. Disagreement is OK but nastiness is not. Thanks!